Criteria for Nomination
STAR’s Intern Program is an integral part of its member support activities. Throughout the year, member companies list their intern opportunities on the STAR website, providing a conduit to students looking to enter our industry.
In addition, the STAR Outstanding Intern Program recognizes the achievements of member companies’ top interns with an award of $500 to each selected intern, presented annually.
Outstanding Interns are nominated by their sponsor employer based on the following:
- Internship must have been served sometime between October 1, 2015 and September 30, 2015.
- Is a college student or recently graduated in the last 6 months.
- Work is of high quality.
- Performance exceeds expectations
- Approach to their job is energetic and enthusiastic.
- Interest in the business in which they are working is genuine and sincere.
- Completion of assigned tasks is in a timely manner.
- Show up every day, on time.
- Are a team player.
- Dress in the appropriate attire.
- Is a US Citizen
NOTE: The intern need not have found their position through the STAR intern listings. Nor does it matter if the internship is paid or unpaid.
Each 2015 Outstanding Intern will receive:
An invitation to the annual STAR Awards Ceremony to be held in January 2016; a $500 check from Bay Area STAR; and the opportunity to win an additional $1000 STAR Scholarship.
How to nominate your intern(s)
If you are a supervisor and feel your intern has met and or exceeded the minimum criteria listed above, please click on the form below to nominate your intern.
STAR strongly encourages you to be as detailed as possibly when filling out this form. The more information you give us, the easier it is for us to evaluate the different nominations and select the best Outstanding Interns. Remember, we don’t know how well they did their job unless YOU tell us!